Stairs: Code, Craft, & Design
We use them every day. Stairs are a test of how the human body moves and how our laws regulate their design and their construction. But stairs are art, too—and represent an opportunity to create beauty, both in craft and how they dance with our movement.
In this Fine Homebuilding webinar, award-winning architect Duo Dickinson will share examples of his work to illustrate ways to design interior staircases that function well and look great.
In this webinar Duo Dickinson will cover:
- Artful solutions for height changes and railing transitions
- How to maintain continuity in a staircase design
- Alternative ways of making heights work
- Creative decisions that can save money
- Code-compliant stair and railing details
- How to make the most of an existing staircase
Join us LIVE on Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 7 pm ET
Presenter: Architect Duo Dickinson
Duo Dickinson started making things in 1979, apprenticing at a millwork shop and architectural office. He has had his own architectural practice for over 30 years, and has built almost 900 things. He has written eight books, including The House You Build (The Taunton Press, 2004), and is a staff writer for several web and print publishers, including Hearst.
Published at Fri, 21 May 2021 19:24:25 +0000