2,046,082 Hoosiers — 37.6% of those eligible — now fully vaccinated against coronavirus
U.S. Senator Mike Braun says he recommends individuals get a COVID-19 vaccine but hasn’t decided if he will. “It should be up to the individual.” Indianapolis Star
On Thursday, Indiana reported 1,261 new COVID-19 cases and an additional six deaths.
The state also reported 2,046,082 Indiana residents 16 and older are now fully vaccinated. That amounts to 37.6% of the eligible population.
Vaccination rates vary widely from county to county.
Ohio County continues to lead the state, with nearly 57% of its eligible population of under 5,000 people fully vaccinated. Warrick County has also vaccinated just over half of its population.
In central Indiana, Boone has vaccinated 52.2% of its eligible population, Hamilton and Hendricks counties have each vaccinated 50.7% of their populations, Hancock has vaccinated 48.7%, Shelby 41.1%, Johnson 37.5%, and Morgan 35.6%.
More: Outdoor event capacity increases to 50% in Marion County ahead of Indy 500
In Marion County, 34.5% of the eligible population has been vaccinated.
Here are some other statistics of note:
- Since the start of the pandemic: 726,600 COVID-19 cases in Indiana and 12,966 deaths.
- State positivity rate (seven-day rate as of April 29): For all tests performed, 5%.
- How many people in Indiana hospitals with COVID-19: 991.
- Variants: Total 1,669. B.1.1.7, first identified in United Kingdom – 1,326; California variants -244; P.1, first identified in Brazil – 84; B.1.351, first identified in South Africa – 15.
- How many fully vaccinated Hoosiers: 2,046,082. Of those, 26,991 were reported in past 24 hours.
- How many first of two doses reported administered in past 24 hours: 17,929.
- How many second of two doses reported administered in past 24 hours: 40,044.
- How many single dose vaccines reported given in past 24 hours: 1,062.
- New cases reported for Marion and surrounding counties: Marion (199), Hamilton (49), Hendricks (33), Johnson (19), Hancock (15), Shelby (9), Boone (9), Morgan (7).
- Fully vaccinated individuals: Marion County – 259,672; Hamilton -131,240; Hendricks – 67,575; Johnson – 46,452; Hancock – 30,230; Boone – 27,260; Morgan – 20,156; Shelby – 14,748.
Contact IndyStar reporter Shari Rudavsky at email@example.com. Follow her on Facebook and on Twitter: @srudavsky.
Read or Share this story: https://www.indystar.com/story/news/health/2021/05/06/indiana-covid-update-2046082-now-fully-vaccinated-6-new-deaths/4970448001/
Published at Thu, 06 May 2021 17:18:08 +0000
Article source: http://rssfeeds.indystar.com/~/651085902/0/indystar/allnews~Hoosiers-%e2%80%94-of-those-eligible-%e2%80%94-now-fully-vaccinated-against-coronavirus/